Meet Stephen (Steve) Sherick, MD, FACEP
Down-to-earth and personable, Steve believes that emergency medicine is as much about building relationships and serving the community as it is about providing leading-edge care and processes.
The beauty is, Steve brings both to his clients through Innova.
A native son of Colorado, Steve offers a unique set of skills and experience to his hospitals – from leadership and policy development experience with some of the nation’s top medical associations, to cutting-edge knowledge of acute care practices and patient engagement, to a life-long commitment to community service in Colorado.
- Born and raised near Hygiene, Colorado
- Has lived in towns from Breckenridge to Boulder
- Currently lives in Denver, Colorado
|Select leadership roles:
- Medical Director at Mt. San Rafael Hospital Emergency Department
- National Chair Elect for the AMA Young Physician Section
- Board of Directors Member for the Colorado Medical Society
- Board of Directors Member for the Denver Medical Society
- Committee Member on the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Federal Government Affairs Committee
- Committee Member on the ACEP State Government Affairs Committee
- Graduate of the ACEP Director’s Academy Phase 1
- Adjunct Faculty Member for the University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Adjunct Faculty Member for the Rocky Vista Osteopathic School of Medicine
Oregon Health and Science University Department of Emergency Medicine
- Developed a curriculum for improving patient satisfaction and customer service metrics, which he taught to residents and faculty
- Honored as the top teaching resident
- Served as the National Vice Chair of the AMA Resident and Fellow Section
University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Served as Student Body President
- Served as the National Vice Chair of the American Medical Association (AMA) Medical Student Section
|Mentoring of future providers:
Serves as a mentor for medical students and nurse practitioners from the:
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Rocky Vista Osteopathic School of Medicine
- Regis School of Nursing / Nurse Practitioner Program
This is a great recruiting tool for our hospitals!
|Select community involvement:
- Mt. San Rafael Hospital Foundation
- Goodwill of Denver
- Minds Matter of Denver
- Denver Broncos charities
- Camp Wapiyapi (camp for children with cancer)
- Brent’s Place (home for children living with cancer)
- Former volunteer fire fighter
Steve Is Always Just a Phone Call or Email Away
Take the first step in elevating your emergency department. Reach out to Steve today.